Saturday, August 22, 2009

Drinking on the job.

My job definitely has it's perks, one being that we spend nights away from home, with no responsibility other than to show up to the airplane in the morning. Sometimes this is a blessing, sometimes a curse.
When I have nothing to get accomplished in my personal life it seems like I have really lame crews at work-meaning the rest of the people I am working with don't want to go out and do anything when we get to our hotel for the day(in the industry they are known as Slam Clickers- they slam the door and click it locked and don't leave until report time the next day). Usually this happens in the middle of winter, when it's not appropriate to sit by the pool and read smut all day. When I have a lot to accomplish in my personal life(like calling my insurance company, being a good bridesmaid- helping with crafts, making phone calls for my union position, checking in with friends, planning a vacation, registering for fall quarter, etc.) it seems like my crews want to go out and paint the town. It's hard to complain about having a good time and meeting new people, but it sometimes hampers my will power to sit down and power through some of my tasks! It's nearly impossible to resist a 'fun crew', sometimes it comes in the form of inner tubing down a river or taking a bus into down town areas, or going wine tasting, or checking out brew pubs, or going to a rodeo or sitting by the pool drinking cool beverages out of ice buckets made of garbage cans.
This trip my goal was to make the guest book for my friends wedding. My overnight bag is full of paper, scissors,ribbon, envelopes, brads and glue sticks! I told myself that on my overnights I would bust out the best looking guestbook ever...but, of course, I have a fun crew! I have gotten a little guestbook-making done, and a little more drinking done! Now I don't dare work on the guestbook because I know crooked lines and half glued edges don't make for a quality project! Hey...at least I know my limits!

No comments:

Post a Comment