Monday, August 17, 2009

Day One of Many

Today I assembled a 'to-do' list-for the near and not so near future. I always have the best intentions in mind when making lists- today for example:
I need to clean my bedroom, organize bills, call insurance company, take dog to park(it's beautiful outside), deep clean bathroom top to bottom, call grandparents, shop for food for my next work trip, shop for wedding gift for Stef&Joes wedding, go for a run(for the first time this month), pack for camping trip, pack for work, set up blog.'
These things are so simple when broken down into single actions, but I will successfully avoid half of them today. Why? Why is it so difficult to get up off the couch/chair/floor/bed and away from the TV/Book/newspaper/computer? I don't think of myself as a lazy person...I am not overwhelmed with all there is to accomplish, my work does not come home with me, my family- though crazy-is not needy...so what exactly is the problem?!
When it comes down to it, most things that need to be done- things that other people count on me doing, things that my life and personal comfort depend on- eventually get done, but usually while I am rushing around at the last minute and half-assing it.
My goal with this blog is to explore the reasons behind my procrastinating, figure out what ways I can successfully overcome it, and maybe even get some stuff done!

No comments:

Post a Comment